Saturday, September 22, 2007

I'M BACK

Hello! I'm back, after a long absence following a Google update followed by a Google refusal to let me back on. I finally got help from my daughter.

I'm not sure just where I'm going right now with my blogs, maybe mostly books I'm reading and what I'm thinking. Latest book to mention, just from reviews and interviews, is Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism. Can't wait to get it.

As to where I am in my life, I'm still happy at Holly Creek, which was definitely the right move for me, loving living independently. This is one of the best times in my life, although I'm sort of embarrassed to say it, inasmuch as having kids takes the top in many ways. The trouble with that was that I was too busy and too exhausted to enjoy it as much as would have been the case otherwise, and should have been the case, darn it. That doesn't seem quite fair. Just today I heard it said that having kids lets you see life all over again through a child's eyes. That sure hit me as true. And wonderful. I'm very happy to have been born female so that I was able to experience that. Men really do miss out in that department, and it shows.

Lets see. What I'm trying to do in my life right now is to read all of my husband Fagg's stuff that is available, both writings and lectures, to get ready to be a discussant on an AFEE (Association for Evolutionary Economics) panel meeting in New Orleans in January. I'm also thinking about a new endeavor, a new framework or paradigm for where we are in this world--which may well take me the rest of my life, and which, of course, I may never get together. But what could be more fun than working on it. That's what I love most about my life: I have the rest of my life to keep on learning. Again: what could be more fun! How lucky I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home